Please refer to "Application Conditions" at the bottom of this form.
Note: This form initiates a multi-step, iterative application process. A CASSS team member will work closely with the department and the International Scholars Operation team to help shepherd the application.
Required fields are shaded yellow and marked with a red asterisk.
- The UW sponsors applications for permanent residency based on offers of permanent full-time employment in academic departments at the assistant professor or research assistant professor level or above.
- Faculty holding “acting” or “visiting” titles do not qualify for the permanent residence process.
- The UW must file the application for labor certification (Form ETA 9089) within 18 months of the date the foreign candidate was selected as the most qualified candidate for the position. Given this requirement, departments should begin the green card process immediately upon selection of the international scholar for a faculty position.
- ISO directs the permanent residencey application process in close collaboration with CASSS and the department.
- For details on the three-step permanent residency application process, visit the "Green Card Guide."