Please see Procedure Overview at the bottom of this form for instructions and next steps.
Required fields are shaded yellow and marked with a red asterisk.
Submission of this form serves as confirmation that pertinent approvals are on file in department.
- Intake form is completed by unit administrative staff. Submitter receives confirmation email, including FMRT ("RT") ticket number. All further correspondence regarding the request occurs through RT.
- Shared Services contacts the visiting scholar for further information and works with the department, visitor, and International Scholars Office to complete the application process.
- Shared Services mails DS-2019 (via FedEx) to visitor and uploads express mail receipt as attachment to RT ticket. (Mailing costs are charged to the budget noted in the original request.)
- Visitor makes appointment at appropriate U.S. embassy, as detailed in documentation accompanying DS-2019.
- Once the DS-2019 has been mailed, Shared Services closes the RT ticket. Important: For any courtesy or paid appointment to be entered into OPUS, the department must complete an OPUS New Hire request form. Shared Services will not automatically enter the visitor into Payroll based on the visa request ticket.